Tool Repair and Service options
Our easy 4 step process
- Email [email protected] or call us on 01202 686238 quoting the invoice number that the tool was purchased on. This can be found on the original Invoice at the top of the page.
- You can then either drop the tool directly to our warehouse, or alternatively we can arrange collection of the item for a fee. We will then issue you with a collection date and a Repair Reference Number.
- Please ensure the item is sufficiently packaged in an outer box, to avoid any damage, and securely seal with tape. Please label the package clearly with ‘MSS Tools’ on the outer box followed by the Repair Reference Number.
- Please obtain a ‘Proof of Return’ Note from the vehicle driver when the goods are collected.
- If permission is granted to carry out the repair, it will be despatched back to you at the original collection address, unless we are otherwise instructed.
- Email [email protected] or call us on 01202 686238 giving details of the item to be repaired, its fault, plus your personal details including address and phone number.
- We will issue a Repair Reference Number.
- Ensure the item is packaged in an outer box, to avoid further damage, and seal with tape. Send to: MSS Tools Ltd, 23 Cowley Road, Nuffield Industrial Estate, Poole, Dorset, BH17 0UJ. The Repair Reference Number should be written on the outer box. It is advisable that the delivery method is traceable, i.e. carrier or parcel post, as MSS Tools cannot take responsibility for goods that do not arrive. Alternatively, we can arrange collection at a cost of £15.00 +vat.
- Our Service Centre will check the item and advise a repair estimate if the tool is not covered by an extended warranty. Once repaired and payment is taken, if applicable, the item will be despatched straight back to your requested delivery address, free of charge. If the estimate is declined, there is a cost of £8+vat for returning the item back to you, if required.
In some instances, a Service Engineer may call you if we feel the problem can be resolved, simply and easily, over the phone.
Larger or bulky items (over 25kg) are not covered by our Repair Policies. In these instances Customer Services will advise alternative arrangements.
The MSS Tools Service Centre will repair most well known Professional Power Tool Brands, although brands we supply will often take priority. Call us on 01202 686238 to check whether your tool can be accepted.
For us to make an estimate for repair, the machine is usually disassembled. If the estimate is declined, the tool cannot be re-assembled for Health & Safety reasons. We will either return the tool disassembled or if you require us to scrap the tool, we will need confirmation via email that you are happy for us to do this. Tools without a Repair Reference Number, will not be accepted.
Please note, in all cases, if an item in for a service or repair is not collected or returned for whatever reason, we will hold the item for a maximum of twelve weeks after which we reserve the right to sell or dispose of the item.